Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Learning the Secret: Putting the past to Rest

First, a special thank you to my new followers!

I have had a few questions from people regarding how to deal with the negative thoughts and feelings from past experiences, so I would like to address this issue here.

The first step in allowing yourself freedom from these things is to realise that time is an illusion. It doesn't exist. The ONLY time that exists is right now, this moment, today. You cannot change the past just as much as you cannot experience tomorrow until it comes. You can only make choices about right now. Once you realise and accept this, it is easy to let it go, and that's exactly what you have to do. Realise your error, make the correction and move forward. That is the only way.

Do you realise what a useless emotion guilt is. It forces you to relive past experiences searching for what you could have done different about a situation that is impossible to change. No one can change the past. All you can do is learn from it, even if your lesson is as simple as "boy, I'll never do that again", forgive yourself, make your correction and move forward.

Remind yourself that everyone makes mistakes. Mistakes are a part of life, and are intended to be lessons for us to learn from. You have to just forgive yourself, forgive anyone else that may be involved and move on, move forward. You CANNOT change anyone elses feelings and thought but your own. Let it go......you have to just let it all go. There is no other way. The ONLY thing you can change is right now, today, this moment. Accept what has happened, realise that it is past, it cannot be changed, forgive, and let it go. Don't even think about it anymore.

We know the power of our thoughts. Keep it focused to all good things, on what you want, what you desire. Remind yourself of all the wonderful gifts you have to offer our world. If you don't see this, become aware, change your thoughts, be positive and grateful, and soon you will see all the wonderful gifts hidden inside you, just waiting to be nurtured and set free.

If anyone has any questions about anything, any struggles you are having with this, please feel free to ask, and I will address the issues as best I can. Email questions to breastisbest@live.ca (its my email for my breastfeeding website, if I start getting a lot of questions, I will make a separate e-mail account specifically for this blog) I want to help you learn to apply these principles in your life, and realise your endless potential.

Have a fabulous day!

3 comments:

Heart N Sew Designs said...

I have been inspired to watch the dvd! I have the book once and am reading it again! Kids are going to take early naps so I can watch the dvd! Thank you for bringing me back to The Secret and making it seem more 'on my level' I guess you could say!

Weird. I just saw the ad showing Joe Vitale, and I literally JUST joined the masters of the secret website and am reading the day's lesson featuring him! LOL

Heart N Sew Designs said...

PS I tried to email you but it got a failure notice! I had a few questions but couldn't seem to get it sent out!

Michelle said...

Thank you for reading, and for your comments. Glad it helped. I fixed the e-mail, I had forgot the "a" in breast, lol. Its fixed now, so it should work.